Posts tagged "Sarah Jessica parker"
On this day in 1998, (6, June), we met…….these gals……
5 Things We Learned About Sarah Jessica Parker
Style icon Sarah Jessica Parker took to our stage on May 15 to discuss films, fashion and fragrances. In conversation with Jonathan Tisch, the actress reflected on her humble beginnings, how she came to embody Carrie Bradshaw, and whether a third Sex and the City movie is on the horizon. Here are 5 things we learned:
- Parker and her family were one of the first families to live on Roosevelt Island.
- She always thought of her Square Pegs character, Patty Greene, as a young version of Carrie Bradshaw.
- A third Sex and the City movie is not in the works, but there is a story. “There has been absolutely no substantive conversation about a third movie ever. There is a third story, but whether we tell it has never been discussed.”
- As a young girl, SJP kept a list of fragrance names for the day when she would have her own. The first name she wrote down, Lovely, became the name of her first fragrance.
- She’s sorry Manhattan is so damn expensive. Parker, whose identity has become synonymous with NYC, voiced her concern that young people looking to come to the city to chase their dreams (like she did), will be dissuaded by the high cost of living.
Sarah Jessica Parker and Alexander McQueen - Met Gala 2006
Sarah Jessica Parker - Met Gala 2013 - gown by Giles Deacon - headpiece by Philip Treacy and shoes by Christian Louboutin.
SJP for Maria Valentina 2014
Back in the day: SJP and Oscar de la Renta in 2002. Photographed by Mario Testino for Vogue.
Sarah Jessica Parker covers Harper’s Bazaar UK, April 2014; wearing a gown by Louis Vuitton.
womensweardaily: SJP Shoe Line Gets Social Media Push
Sarah Jessica Parker is entering what is for her the unfamiliar territory of the World Wide Web to promote her new footwear line, SJP Collection, which launches exclusively at Nordstrom on Friday.
The multitiered marketing push will be based around a Pinterest campaign — “A Day in Her Shoes, SJP: Wear to Go” — but the content will be simultaneously promoted across other social channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Vine. Parker is also doing more traditional marketing for the line, making personal appearances in Nordstrom doors in Seattle, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, Miami and a pop-up store in New York’s SoHo neighborhood. For More
Sarah Jessica Parker’s shoe collection will debut in stores and online at Nordstrom on February 28th. Vogue UK has her complete collection here.
Sarah Jessica Parker for Maria Valentina 2014